Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Little Something 'Bout Pencil Neck

I don't seem to be talking much about this pregnancy.  It's a combination of things.  Busy chasing Sam, not really much to tell, I'm lazy, I can't break out the laptop unless Sam is napping or he rips it apart, and I'm on Facebook this time around.  Up until I was 8 months pregnant and laid off from my job I wasn't a Facebooker.  But yeah, doing a 2 sentence status update with a photo is more in line with my lazy ways.

But, for fear that my precious pigeon pea #2 will read this 20 years from now and wonder "Why the lack of love, Mommy Dearest?" here's an update all about him.


He's growing and healthy and everything checks out.  He's much more active than Sam was.  He didn't give me his first firm kick till week 20 (which Sam did at 18 weeks), but he is constantly flipping and thumping around.  So much so that at our 20 week ultrasound they couldn't get a picture of everything they needed, even after an HOUR of scanning.  So today I went back for a 22 week follow up so they could get that last photo they needed.

No, the last photo they needed was not of his penis.  However, I like to remind myself often of the joy that will be TWO BOYS!  There are some who think I am completely loony for wanting two boys when we only plan on having two kids.  But for me, I really couldn't be happier.  I'm not a girly girl.  And I know if I had a girl she could be just like me and not care about hair bows, curling irons, ballet, and the latest hot boy band.  But. . .what if she did?  I'd have to ship her off every other weekend to my SIL's house just so she could get a dose of girldom.  This, this I am much happier with.  Much more comfy with.  All Hail The Penis!

Other than the most obvious difference (amount of activity) between Sam and Pencil Neck, he also doesn't like for me to eat.  I often go till noon before I realize I haven't had anything to eat or drink.  Even then, even though I might be starving, he sometimes just won't let me eat.  Nothing sounds like something I could manage to swallow and not feel like crap later.  He does love him some french fries!  But Mommy and Pencil Neck cannot survive on potatoes alone.  Oh, and he also hates it when I drink plain water.  Yeah, that's great.  Survival instincts.  He ain't got 'em.

Another funny thing, which I have managed to capture this time around, is that awkward stage of pregnancy where how pregnant you look completely depends upon if the baby is laying towards the front or towards your spine.  It's ridiculous.  5 1/2 months is apparently when this is the most extreme in my baby gestating.  Look and be SHOCKED!

Bedtime, kid pushing out my belly 'cause he's in the front.

Next morning, looking much smaller 'cause he's resting against my spine.

And that's about it for right now!  I have not started organizing and washing all Sam's baby clothes because I still have months to go till labor.  Kinda pointless since I would just feel that nesting urge to wash them again.  When Sam teeters over to me and grabs my belly to either headbutt it or give me a good shake we tell him "That's right!  Tell little brother to wake up!".  But of course he doesn't understand what we're telling him.  The arrival of the new baby will probably be quite the shock to him.  But I think he'll handle things just fine since, aside from the headbutting and stuffed animal choking, he's a rather gentle little guy.

And so the countdown till mid October begins!

2 comments:

  1. I try to treat the blog as a way to keep track of any information I might potentially want to include in the baby album. If there was a baby album. Which there hasn't been. BUT THAT'S BESIDE THE POInT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to Shutterfly there are baby books. But in any other format, especially sitting down and placing actual prints into an actual book one at a time with glue and bits of tape, it would never of happened!

      Delete