Thursday, March 15, 2012

Alas, He is Growing Up Already

Call me foolish, but I kinda hoped the newborn phase would last more than 2 weeks.  Sigh.  It is with a heavy heart that I report newborn diapers are a bit too snug, newborn outfits are a bit too short, he will not tolerate a swaddle, and you can notice a difference in heft when carrying him.  But it's not all bad news.  He is now above his birth weight!  So I no longer have to wake him up every 2-3 hours to eat, even if he's in a deep baby slumber.  Which will in turn make both of us much happier!

Speaking of waking a sleeping baby.  I share.  It's all about the grunts, meeps, and baby farts.


His vocabulary is less coos and babbles, more squeaks and lip smacks.  In fact he sounds quite a bit like a bulldog puppy.  What, with all the grunting and heavy breathing. . .even snoring.  He's all boy.  And boy oh boy is he loved.

2 comments:

  1. Hee! He's so sweet and tiny!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. Makes me want to have another one (kind of). I miss those brand new baby days.

    ReplyDelete