Tuesday, October 11, 2011

In Which I Question All That is Sacred

I work in a mall.  It is October 11th.  Sears is completely decked out and selling Christmas decorations and gifts.  Brookstone has been blasting the Christmas music all day.  Both The Children's Place and Gymobree have their holiday finest on display in the front window.

I can understand Santa being at the mall before Thanksgiving.  I can see the reasoning behind pre-Black Friday sales.  But not this.  It's not even Halloween yet, people! 

5 comments:

  1. I hate how early the Christmas decorations are up. Every year, I hate Christmas music a little more. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they think it's November 11-11-11 and they're fearing the end of the world before they can sell that shiz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I still don't understand why you've got a pink website.You are not a pink person. You are a blue person. WHICH MUST MEAN THIS IS AN OMEN FOR LADY BITS NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley - I know. I have worked retail in one form or another since I was 18. I feel like I can't even enjoy the holidays anymore.

    Aud - I left it pink cause it bothered you, Muhahahaha! Actually I am just too lazy to find a color scheme that suits me better. Tell you what - if I have a boy child in my Ut I'll change the blog color. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and BTW, pink was one of my wedding colors! You wore the dress, lady. Perhaps I'm just a closet pink person. All these years of fart jokes and never matching my panties to my bra were all a lie!

    ReplyDelete