Friday, December 23, 2011

Oops

So I accidentally rammed my belly into the corner of a cabinet today at work.  It was just one of those things, like stubbing your toe.  It happens.  But I really rammed that cabinet directly into my belly.  And it hurt.  And baby was NOT happy.  He flopped around and thumped me in the hurt area for a good 2 hours.  Not.  Happy.

Ever since then (roughly 7 hours ago) he has been so much more active than usual.  The rational part of my brain keeps telling me that baby is in essentially a water balloon and there is no way I could have hurt him.  The freak side of my brain keeps screaming "Dear GOD, now he's gonna have a flat head!"

Anyone else do something as stupid as this?  Anyone out there who can help put more weight behind the rational part of my brain?  It would be helpful.

4 comments:

  1. I stabbed myself in the belly with a knife while pregnant with Ev. Not on purpose, obviously, and not terribly. Just a tiny cut. Still. Yeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that now! Yeah, I laughed back then when you told me. Now I think I would have freaked because of that irrational voice screaming "You just popped the water balloon! The world will end now!"
    Mongo is still a little more active than usual, but I would rather have super active than not active. Ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tripped up some concrete steps when I was pregnant and landed square on my stomach. And I ripped the brand spanking new maternity pants I was wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And your daughter is obviously the cutest thing that has ever lived and is perfectly fine! Yay! Thanks. Sucks about the pants!

    ReplyDelete