Sunday, June 24, 2012

This Time Last Year, again

June 24th, 2011 was the day I found out I was pregnant.  It's also the day we all gathered for the Mid Summer's Eve Feast last year.  It was a crazy amount of fun.  So was Mid Summer's Eve this year.  Err, last night.

Bumbo King

Dinner, dancing, drinking.  The 3 D's that make this feast a very special one.  Last year Ryan set the yard on fire.  This year Matt almost exploded the fire barrel.  Last year I didn't dance because I was freaking out over my positive pregnancy test.  This year I danced, pranced, and wrestled my husband to the ground.  Last year it was a fun gathering of adults.  This year there was a squirmy little pink baby stealing all the smiles.
Uncle Ryan


"Wait, when do I throw the flowers into the fire?"

"You watch child, must drink beer."

Sam was once again a very good little boy.  Although he would get upset whenever someone else would hold him for more than a couple minutes.  I guess maybe the "Stranger Danger" phase is starting?  He fought his nap while at Uncle Matt's place because there was so much going on and it was stopping him from settling.  But by 9pm he passed out in his travel bed till it was time for us to pack up and go home at 1am.  Good baby continues to be good.  

He is my squishy and I love him.

2 comments:

  1. Matt seems to always be in that same position in every photo these days. Sitting and viewed from the side. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you were going to say smoking and drinking. Cause, yeah. :)

      Delete