Sunday, June 3, 2012

6 Years Ago Today

I've been feeling really sentimental lately.  June is a big month for me.  There will likely be quite a bit of this kind of stuff going on.

6 years ago my boyfriend picked me up at my apartment and started driving.  I didn't know where we were going.  Over an hour later we arrived in Annapolis, one of my favorite MD cities.  He parked and I thought we were going to do our usual Annapolis thing of walking the entire waterfront enjoying the boats, shops, and eateries.  Especially that candy store with the amazing cookies!  Instead he led me to the dock where The Woodwind II was waiting to board.  He had booked us a tour on a 74 foot yacht to sail around the harbor.  I was overwhelmed.

This was all a surprise, so I didn't have a camera with me other than the crappy one on my cell phone.  Pardon the poor quality of photos, but it's all I have.  (look how skinny he is!)

I didn't think to get any poorly arranged photos of us together.  Hindsight.  But it was so beautiful.

Turns out, as I had suspected, he had the ring in his pocket we had purchased together a few weeks earlier.  He wanted to propose on the boat.  But his nerves got the better of him and he was afraid he would drop the ring in the water.  Instead he waited till dinner.  Between dinner and dessert I got up from the table to use the restroom.  When I came back to the table the ring was sitting on my plate waiting for me.  I started crying, which if you know me is horribly embarrassing for me regardless of the reason.  He asked me to marry him, I of course said yes, and the rest is history!

4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your proposal story, even if we both knew ahead of time that our proposals were coming. You at least had a surprise trip and awesome boat ride! I had his father interrogating us. Oi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried explaining to Morgan what happened the night Chris proposed to you. But it was kind of hard to fully explain between my hysterical laughing and his lack of background knowledge. Your FIL. God.

      Delete
  2. Awwww. Much sweeter than what E did for me. He asked me to make him a sandwich and then got down on one knee. =p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I think I remember you telling me this once a long time ago, but damn! Was he thinking "I want to ask this beautiful and kind woman to spend the rest of her life with me. . .and I'm hungry."

      Delete