Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Digital Files

I have been using a digital camera for 5 years now.  Not nearly as long as most, but certainly longer than my mother.  And having all of my 5 million photos organized on the computer by date taken is SO convenient.  I mean, do you remember the terror that was actual film?  The careful handling of the canister, going to the store to fill out that little envelope and drop it off, wait for your photos (1 hr or a week depending upon how cheap you felt like being), and then dealing with the storage of all those prints and negatives.  Heaven forbid you decide you want to find a certain picture you took 8 years ago.  That task would take an entire weekend of leafing through shoe box after shoe box.

The convenience of digital also means you no longer feel guilty taking 24 photos of a dead crab washing up on the beach.  Cause it's free.  Delete the ones less pretty and store the ones you like.  And it's all free unless you decide to send your files off to get actual photos so you can show them to your Grandma.

It also makes looking at dates a fun game.  Recently I started asking Morgan to give me a random date and then we look up what we did on that day for the past 5 years.  It doesn't always work cause I didn't necessarily take a photo every day before the Sam came to be.  But it's pretty fun nonetheless.

April 11
2007, the last time Morgan decided to experiment with his facial hair.

2008, bowling.

2009, I went to City Park with Audrey.

2010, Matt spent the night at our house. 

2011, I didn't take a photo on April 11th.

2012, Sam was 1 1/2 months old.

Go ahead.  Go do it.  Pick a friends birthday, an anniversary date, any date at random.  It's a great little game!  And if you leave me a random date I'll post photos for it.  Ya know, as long as they're not nakey adult photos.  

3 comments:

  1. I don't even want to think about you taking adult photos. NOOOOOOOO!!! Also, Matt looks like a homeless dude in that picture. Frightening.

    And for fuck's sake get rid of the verification code. I have to enter it a dozen times before it finally takes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know the code thing was turned on. Has it always been there? Cause I thought I had turned it off when I created this thing. Whatever.

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure it was on the whole time, but my memory is shot since kids. Also, please ignore the bitchiness. I was in a mood and frustrated. :D

      Delete