Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Vacation!

Okay, I guess I should have left off that exclamation point cause it was the husband's vacation, not mine.  But nonetheless he was off work for a week and therefore around a bit more.  Which is nice.

Vacation started with taking daddy with us to Babies with Books at the library.  He enjoyed it and now understands what I'm talking about when I tell him how much fun Sam has there.  Bonus points cause Morgan had the Goodbye Song stuck in his head for a couple days!  Now he knows my pain.

Then he left for 3 days to go to the beach with his friends.  Now, I know what you're thinking.  "He did what?  And left you and the baby at home?  Do you get to have NO fun?"  Well, sort of.  But this is the traditional beach trip the boys have been taking since they graduated high school together.  I'm not one to stand in the way of tradition.  Besides, the trade off (of sorts) was that I got to sleep in just about every day that he was home on his vacation.  Sleep is my vacation.

We're also kicking around the idea of maybe going somewhere together come November or December.  Being an ex-retail slave, the idea of taking a vacation during that black out time excites me to no end!  So much so that last night I had a depressing dream about getting called back to work at the mall.  Working retail sucks during the holidays.

"Don't know what you talkin bout, Momma.  I ready for da beach!"

Anywho - moving on.  While Morgan was gone Sam and I held down the fort and spent a day visiting Gg-ma.  Which is always a good time.  Plus she took us/me out to lunch.  Score.

He likes visiting Gg-ma too.  Her couch is extra squishy and the clock makes noise.

Saturday was spent doing domestic things and getting Morgan unpacked from his trip.  Shopping (killer Kohl's sale), cleaning, and a lot of sleeping for me.  Sunday was a lazy day.  Meaning no one got out of their pajamas.

Yesterday we went to a friends house for a BBQ.  So. Much. Fun.  Tons of kids running around doing kid things, lots of food, dogs, chickens, and adult conversation.  Just what I needed.  

And thus ended the husband vacation.  Not a lot happened.  But that's okay.  I have this one to keep me entertained.  Not to mention the outfit envy.  Seriously, I want this exact outfit in my size.  It looks so comfy and colorful fun.  He's fun.

Shape sorting toy.

You're doing it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment