Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday Selfies

My craftiest and bestest of friends, Audrey, has created a photo challenge.  Blog challenges are something I have never taken part in before.  I just never felt crafty, creative, talented, or interesting enough to think that others would care what I did for said challenge.  But this time I decided to throw my hat in the ring because it was something simple, yet incredibly challenging to me personally.

A self portrait.

I have never been a fan of being in front of the camera.  I have always hated photos of myself, regardless of my hotness level at the time.  I have tons of vacation photos of Morgan having a great time, very few of me.  Tons of baby snuggles with Daddy, relatively few of me.  You get the idea.  Cameras pointed at me make me nervous.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this photo challenge may actually involve several weeks of different photo types, styles, and whatnots.  This weeks assignment is just a simple introduction photo.  And since it doesn't have to be a photo that involves all of yourself, I have chosen to break myself in gently and focus on what I feel is my best feature.  My eyes.  I have always loved my eyes.  Which, now that I look at them in such detail, I have to admit might be hazel.  (but I will deny it to my mother till my dying breath!)

I see you!  
(and no, I'm not wearing any make up)
(OMG, I am so self conscious)

And there it is!  I have joined in!  I'm trying something newish!  Visit Audrey and see what all the fuss is about.  She's like awesome and stuff and has big boobs.  Plus you'll find a list of others doing the Saturday Selfies challenge.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not believe you said I have big boobs. *facepalm* Your eyes are gorgeous up close. I mean, I liked them well enough when I thought they were just grey..but they are really stunning with all of that variation in them. Thank you for participating (even though really I gave you no choice)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me, sharing the truth about all I see. Including boobs.
      Thanks for the compliment and the excuse to take more photos!

      Delete
  3. I clicked over from Audrey's blog. :) Yay for posting a photo! I'm a bit camera shy too. I've been meaning to get professional pics taken for nearly 3 years now...I really need to get on that.

    But I try to take a mom/son pic at least once a month, and if I don't like how I look in it, it's just saved on the computer, and I don't post it on the internet. I'm sure your child loves you for you, and would love photographic evidence of you with him/her, now and in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over! And yeah, I do the same with photos of Sam and I. I'm one of those freaks that takes at least a photo a day so the vast majority don't get shared. :)

      Delete
  4. Now that is what I call a self portrait! :)

    I look forward to seeing your nose or perhaps the corner of what I assume are lovely lips. Wait, did that come off as creepy? I sure didn't mean to be creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mehe. Thanks! Don't worry, I embrace the creepy.

    ReplyDelete