Sunday, September 30, 2012

Yay for Festivals!

Saturday's Art at the Point here in our little town was nice.  A small gathering of crafters, photographers, and a blacksmith.  We also took advantage of the absolutely gorgeous day and went for a long walk on the toe path down to a C&O canal lock house.  Sam slept most of the time while we were on the toe path, so he missed the trains that were going by.  But he did get to see his very first train in person just as we were packing up to leave!  The engineer even waved at him!  He was unimpressed.

Daddy picked him some flowers, but he was alseep.  So he put them on his head.

Today was the Frederick Octoberfest!  I've been looking forward to this for weeks.  I don't drink beer, but the boys do and have been going to this for several years now.  This was my first time going and I loved it!  They had a lot of kids activities which Sam will enjoy when he's older, authentic German food, polka bands, and of course GOOD beer.  Definitely going back next year, and the next year, and the next year, and so on.

I'm trying really hard not to photo bomb you.

But this needed special attention drawn to it.

OH - and they were giving out free pumpkins to all the kids today so I grabbed the smallest one they had for Sam.  His first pumpkin!!!!


First of many.  I can feel the pumpkin crazy coming on.

2 comments:

  1. Top cluster, bottom left - holy red hair, Batman! And yes, Ev has been bugging me all weekend about pumpkins so we are going to an apple orchard/pumpkin patch on Friday. HUZZAH!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twinsies! We're going to a pumpkin patch on Friday too! And yes, that was pretty much my reaction when I saw how red his hair was in that photo too. So strange how his hair changes color so drastically depending upon the light.

      Delete