Friday, August 12, 2011

Happy It's the Weekend!

Why?  Other than the obvious that it's the freakin weekend?  I have family in town from Illinois and I get to see them on Saturday.  Plus, since it's a special occasion that they are here, we are going to go ahead and tell my entire family that I am in a delicate condition.  I'm nervous and excited.

Plus - I have a ton of stuff to do!  I need to get over this fatigue and get on the ball.  Task #1, the 5 million tomatoes we have harvested that need to be simmered down and frozen for winter use.  Seriously.  This photo, taken all of 10 minutes ago, is just from TODAY.  I have 3 big bags of yellow pear tomatoes and 2 of Romas.  I need to get them put up before they go bad.


Oh I hear you.  "Come on, Christa!  How bad could the fatigue possibly be?  It's not like you're the only person in the world who has ever gotten knocked up.  How tired could you REALLY be?"


That's how tired.  The husband took this picture a few days ago.  But pretty much this is me on the couch after work every night.  As soon as the sun starts to set it's like someone is piling bricks on top of me.  I must fight back!  I must!  No more Slug Oaf!

Happy Friday, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of tomatoes! Cool variety too. On a rather unrelated note, have you read or heard of any of the studies that suggest pregnant women eat a lot of apples during their pregnancy? It supposedly reduces the risk that the baby will develop asthma. I tried to eat at least one per day. If nothing else, it's a good source of fiber. Not sure why I felt the need to share that with you...I'm sure you LOVE all of the unsolicited pregnancy advice:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not heard that about eating apples. I will have to start getting more of them in me. I have actually been loving all of the advice I've been getting. Mostly because this is still very new and I am TOTALLY clueless. As in I have never changed a diaper before in my life. This is going to be a real adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete