Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mission Accomplished

I wore my "Current Status:  Mommy To Be" t-shirt to my brother's party yesterday.  I walked around waiting for someone to actually read my shirt so they could be the one to let the family know what was up.  About an hour into the party my cousin Tory made a loud "Gdoh!" noise and pointed at my shirt.  News traveled fast at that point and the deed is done.  Everyone is really excited for us.  If only they knew what we went thru to get to this point.  I didn't feel like ruining everyones assumption that I just chose to wait till my 30's to get knocked up.

But for whatever reason, since that party last night I have felt absolutely rotten.  I don't know if I ate something that was bad, if someone at the party had a fast acting bug, or whatever.  But damn!  I can't do much of anything.  I just feel rotten.  I can't even think of any other way to describe it.  I can't even drink my water.  I'm hoping I wake up tomorrow perfectly fine so I don't have to take a day off work.

In the meantime I have spent most of the day in bed today, the Morgan has spent most of the day playing video games (he is happy), and the carrots in our garden get to live in the ground for yet another week.  I'm going to go attempt to simmer down some tomatoes now.  Wish me luck!

1 comment: