Sunday, August 21, 2011

In Which I Feel Really Dumb

Prenatal Yoga is supposed to be an activity that is both beneficial and enjoyable during pregnancy.  It improves your flexibility while keeping up your stamina and strength you will need during labor.  And it does all of this in a non-aerobic and calming form of exercise that is pretty much across the board considered safe.

Now add me to the mix.  Awkward, oafish me.  Back in my early 20's yoga was something I did up to 4 times a week in the privacy of my apartment or with a friend at our gym.  I loved it.  And I mean that.  I always felt soooo good after a session.  But that was a long time and quite a few pounds ago.

Yesterday I popped in the Prenatal Yoga DVD I had picked up and gave it a try.  I pulled a muscle in my pelvic region.  Do you have any idea how much that hurts?  To have strong cramps and muscle aches IN your baby area while pregnant?  And how much panic that causes in the foolish mom-to-be?  The only reason I didn't make Morgan take me to the hospital after hours of pain and cramping was because I was not bleeding.  Luckily the cramps and majority of the pain stopped in the middle of the night.  With the exception of muscle tenderness I am fine now.

But I feel really dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment