Sunday, August 28, 2011

Busy Little Bees

The past 2 weeks have been crazy busy.  But in a good way.  Now things should slow back down and return to normal.  And just in time too!  I leave to go on vacation for a week on this coming Friday.

Why so busy?
1.  I have a new hire I have been training for the past 2 weeks.  She seems like she will be a great employee.  Fast learner and very nice.  Exactly what we needed.

2.  My beloved employee that left us at the end of July, the one I made the checkerboard cake for, has returned to us.  Life working elsewhere didn't work out the way she had planned and we gladly welcomed her back.  Eagerly welcomed her back.  Not sure if she is completely happy about it, but at least we are helping each other out.  It's so good to have her back.

3.  Looks like my MIL will be moving into the retirement village she has been on a waiting list for 3 years to get into!  She has an appointment tomorrow to meet with the property management and tour the unit she will be living in.  Great news is that it's an end unit, all one floor, complete apartment.  Has a full kitchen and everything.  She will have to use the community laundry room, but it is right next to what will be her apartment.  She is naturally nervous about this huge change.  Hopefully her enthusiasm keeps up for a while so the packing and moving process won't overwhelm her.

4.  The hurricane was nothing for us.  We are far enough inland that all we got was some rain.  The freak thunderstorm we had 2 weeks ago was a hundred times worse than Irene.  So there are some benefits to living a bit further away from the coast.  Had I gotten my way and moved to the town I tried to convince Morgan to live in it would have been a completely different story.  That doesn't mean that we didn't spend 3 days at work preparing for the worst possible outcome.  I have never seen the company I work for act in such an organized manner.  It was nice to see, if not a little excessive considering our location.

5.  Crabs.  Oh, crabs.  Ryan had his annual crab feast on Saturday and the heavenly smell of crabs tortured me.  I should not eat crabs.  That whole mercury thing.  But I admit I did pick crabs for Morgan and did claim a few (okay, more than a few) crab claws to help hold back the bitter tears of a crab lover denied.  Seriously, I would take an old bay seasoned blue crab over chocolate ANY DAY.  And I got to play with the two puppies they adopted about a month ago.  So stinkin cute!  I love dogs!

So yeah.  Take that and add in computer issues at work, registers breaking, earthquake (after the fact) training, the odd work hours that come with employee training, my boss being out on vacation this past week, and a preseason football obsessed husband and you can see why I have not written much these past 2 weeks.  Ah, I can't wait for vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment